So, believe it or not, Mother’s Day is just around the corner on Sunday 6th March so we have gathered together some facts about Mother’s Day.
We gathered together some Mother’s Day facts
- 69% of Brits have admitted to missing at least one Mother’s Day, while as many as one in five (20%) have confessed to missing it more than five times.
- Last year flowers were more popular than Mother’s Day gifts and cards.
- There are more phone calls made on Mother’s Day than on any other day of the year.
- The number of people calling their mums on Mother’s Day has declined in recent years due to e-mail and other electronic means of communication.
- Mother’s Day is the third-largest card-sending holiday.
- Mother’s Day is the busiest day of the year for restaurants.
The first Mother’s day celebration in America was on May 12, 1907. When Anna Jarvis from West Virginia honoured her mother two years after she had died, after her ceremony she decided to campaign for a special mothering tribute day
- s suggest that in England centuries ago, young servant girls would travel home around the time of Lent; it
- was one of the few days in the year that families would be reunited
Remember do not be one of the 69% of Brits that have missed a Mother’s Day. Buy her a Perth Gift Card now and we can send it directly! Thoughtful present and a convenient purchase. Job Done! Buy Your Card Now